Saturday, June 25, 2011

Chasing Genius

Tonight, Danae (my wife) and I were on our date night, talking about how very simple conversation can be exasperating at times. I don't know if it's just us or if every malnourished, sleep deprived, and overworked parent feels this way about conversation.

Today, as I was sitting with two good friends listening to our dialogue, brilliant and earth shattering thoughts were being formulated in my intellect. I'm talking about the really good ones, you know? The thoughts that, if not freed from your lips, will surely take over your entire body and threaten to eat that body alive, or worse, the world may forever be deprived of your inspired wisdom. As I waited for a place to interject, those same glorious thoughts became like sand slipping through my fingers. As I began to grasp tighter, the process only sped up. My thoughts ran from me as I chased them through an imaginary forest of lost thoughts. So, in an effort to recover the thoughts mid sentence, I did what any intelligent person would do. I began to talk more! I was stalling, hoping to land on the magical word that would somehow transport me back to the brilliance that was lost.

This is what my wife astutely named "Chasing Genius" and is the title of my new blog. So, rather than write bestselling books and risk being thought of as a real genius and making loads of cash, I am going to collect my thoughts on this blog. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha that just means I need to babysit for all the parents in church more often! Y'all are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude!! you wrote a blog describing some many "blogs" I have written- in my MIND!! hahaha!! Here's a toast to more genius moments and to the love of getting thoughts written down!! Blog away, my friend.

    This was funny! made me laugh!:D

    ReplyDelete